Sunday, February 25, 2007

Greetings from NC


You'll have to excuse me as I've never done a blog before, but initially it seems like fun. I'll try to keep up with it as I go along. So far, it's been one boring ordeal waiting for our journey overseas. It's the classic "hurry up and wait" situation that everyone who has been through this has told me. I'll keep you updated on our departure and arrival.
Fortunately, I'm with a great group of people. The guy on my left is Chad Deaton who is a critical care nurse looking off into the swamp. He's from Kentucky and loves to bet on horses and drink Yueungling beer. Our company has 4 general surgeons (one trauma trained and one vascular trained), 1 orthopaedic surgeon (me), 2 ER docs, 1 FP doc, 2 CRNAs and 1 Anesthesiologists, and a bunch of nurses and corpsmen all committed to saving life and limb of not only US service members, but of Iraqi Nationals.
The plan tonight is have one or two more beers, catch a movie, and then hit the sack and find out what's in store tomorrow.
I'll try to go back and tell you about our training here at Camp Lejeune as time permits in the future.
Love and Kisses to my wife Tanika, my daughter Mia (Sweet Pea), and my brand new baby boy Matteo Francis Taliaferro born February 4th, 2007 (yes Super Bowl Sunday), and to my mother, brothers and rest of the family.

No comments: